Non-Immigrant Temporary Visa Lawyer in Escondido, San Diego

  • Former government attorney
  • Reputation for winning complex cases
  • Honest evaluations & realistic expectations
  • Seventy+ 5-star reviews on Google
Schedule A Consultation

Non-Immigrant Visa Attorney

Are you seeking a temporary path to the United States? North County Immigration, your trusted partner in San Diego, is here to help you navigate the complex world of non-immigrant visas.

Discover Your Temporary U.S. Journey

When you’re in search of a non-immigrant visa lawyer, you need someone who understands the intricacies of U.S. immigration law. At North County Immigration, our dedicated team specializes in securing non-immigrant visas for individuals looking to visit the United States for various purposes, be it for business, education, tourism, or family reunification.

Our Commitment:

  • Expertise: Our non-immigrant visa attorneys possess in-depth knowledge of the visa categories, ensuring you’re matched with the most suitable option.
  • Personalized Guidance: We recognize that each case is unique. We provide tailored solutions to meet your specific needs.
  • Streamlined Process: Navigating the visa application process can be overwhelming. We’ll guide you through the paperwork, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience.

Why Choose North County Immigration?

As your local immigration law firm in San Diego, we are deeply committed to serving our community. Our experienced non-immigrant visa lawyers have helped countless individuals and families turn their dreams of visiting the United States into reality. We understand the significance of your journey, and we’re dedicated to providing the support you need.

Ready to get started on your non-immigrant visa application? Contact North County Immigration today to schedule a case consultation. Let’s work together to make your temporary stay in the U.S. a reality.

Non-Immigrant Visa Lawyer in California – U.S. Visas

There are a number of non-immigrant employment visas available for those who wish to work in the US on a temporary basis. Some of the more common non-immigrant employment visas we regularly handle for clients include B, H, L, O, and P visas.

H1-B Visa – Type of Visa for temporary Specialty Occupational employment in the USA. Specialty Occupation must be for highly specialized knowledge and receiving a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent). The applicant must be coming to the United States temporarily, but need not keep a foreign residence. The petitioner must be a US employer filling a permanent job position on a temporary basis. A maximum of 65,000 H-1B visas are granted each year, plus 20,000 visas granted to people who have earned master’s or higher degree from a US institution of higher education. The initial entry period for H1-B is 3 years, with extensions possible.

L Visas – Intracompany Transfers. To qualify for an L visa, an applicant must have been continuously employed abroad for 1 of the past 3 years by a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of a U.S. company preceding the application for admission. Applicant must be seeking to enter the US in order to continue working for the same employer, affiliate, or subsidiary. The L visa is a dual intent visa that allows visa holders to seek permanent residence while maintaining their L status.

O Visas – Individuals of Significant Ability. O Visas are issued to individuals who have significant ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and who have demonstrated extraordinary achievement in such a field. Applicant must declare his/her intent to remain only temporarily in the USA. Extraordinary achievement indicates a level of expertise which indicates that the person is at the forefront of his/her field, ie have a high salary, awards, published material, membership in elite organizations, and a record of employment in a critical position at a recognized company.

P Visas – Sports Teams and Entertainment Groups. P visas are available to minor league professionals, entertainers, and internationally recognized entertainment groups. P visas are temporary, and applicants are entering the USA to participate in a competition, event, or performance. Teams must be internationally recognized, and events must have a distinguished reputation. Minor and amateur athletes must fulfill additional requirements. Entertainment groups must be internationally recognized with 75% of members having continuous and considerable relationship to the group for one year. Application must be submitted within one year of the planned event.

Our Practice Areas









What Our Client Say About Us

Going through the immigration process can be very stressful and uneasy. I am glad that I chose to work with Anna and her team for my case. They handled my case promptly and professionally. Whenever I had questions or concerns, I could get responses from them quickly. I will trust them for my future immigration cases and recommend her business to my friends.

Hiroe I.

North County Immigration has amazing customer service and super knowledgeable staff! I worked with a number of other immigration lawyers in the past, but Anna Hysell is by far superior. I was referred to Anna through another former client of hers that spoke volumes about her. I was able to get an appointment within a day. She is very detailed and was able to give me several solutions. The best part is her fees are very reasonable, even lower than some of her competitors. So you are getting the best help at an affordable price. Definitely call you because you won’t regret it!

Cindy B.

Schedule A Consultation

Are you facing immigration challenges and seeking expert guidance to navigate the complex legal landscape? North County Immigration is here to help!

What Sets Us Apart

Former Government Attorney

Attorney Anna M. Hysell is a former Government attorney for both the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Winning Complex Cases

We think like the interviewing officer or opposing government lawyer. We have earned a reputation for taking on and winning complicated immigration cases. 

Experienced Litigation Team

In a field with rampant fraud and incompetence, where many are taken advantage of, our experienced team protects the rights of our clients, ensuring that each receives fair and just treatment.

Commitment To Helping

We strive to listen to our client’s and minimize their stress. We work each day to ensure our client matters are handled properly and communicate the progress at the different stages of the matter.

Upfront Review Process

During your consultation, a full analysis is made including a review of all relevant documentation. The weaknesses in the case and how to overcome them are determined, as well as what evidence will be necessary and what the most efficient way is for the client to get the results they want.

Full Service Law Firm

The Law Offices of Anna M. Hysell is one of the top civil rights firms in the San Diego area. We strategically design our lawsuits to have an impact from the start and are not afraid to take on the most challenging cases. Our goal is to always achieve justice for our clients.

Case Results

Successful Deportation Defense for a Military Family

NCI helped a client with a prior successfully avoid deportation on the grounds of hardship as the defendant’s children’s mother was deployed.

Successful Asylum Claim from the Ukraine War

NCI helped an asylee seeking to escape the devastation and heartbreak caused by the unprovoked actions of the Putin Invasion of Ukraine.

B-2 Visa Extensions Granted to Keep a Family Together

NCI was able to get 6-month extensions approved for 2 minors to stay with their ill father in the United States while he undergoes medical treatment.

Removal Stopped

NCI was able to halt the removal of a Brazilian national that was scheduled to be deported out of Houston International on the grounds of due process violations.

Reunification of an Escondido Family

NCI successfully helped an Escondido woman and her mother overcome some legal challenges and gain immigration status, allowing them to reunite.

Removal Order Rescinded

NCI was able to help rescind a removal order for our client who had the unfortunate luck of previously receiving poor counsel. 

Non Immigrant Lawyer FAQs

What is a non-immigrant visa, and how does it differ from an immigrant visa?

A non-immigrant visa allows individuals to enter the United States temporarily for specific purposes, such as tourism, business, education, or work. It does not grant permanent residence. In contrast, an immigrant visa is for those seeking permanent residency, ultimately leading to a green card.

When do I need a non-immigrant visa lawyer's assistance?

You should consider hiring a non-immigrant visa lawyer when you want to ensure a smooth and successful visa application process, especially if your case is complex, or if you’ve faced previous visa denials.

What are the various categories of non-immigrant visas, and which one is right for me?

Non-immigrant visas include tourist, business, student, and work visas, among others. A non-immigrant visa lawyer can help you identify the most suitable category based on your specific purpose and circumstances.

Can a non-immigrant visa lawyer help with tourist visa applications?

Yes, a non-immigrant visa attorney can assist with tourist visa applications, ensuring all required documentation is in order and helping increase the likelihood of approval.

What is the process for obtaining a non-immigrant visa, and how long does it typically take?

The process varies by visa category, but it generally involves completing the required forms, attending an interview, and providing supporting documents. Processing times also vary, but a non-immigrant visa lawyer can help expedite the process.

Can a non-immigrant visa attorney help with visa extensions or change of status?

Yes, a non-immigrant visa lawyer can assist with extending your stay in the U.S. or changing your visa status if needed, ensuring legal compliance and a smooth transition.

What should I do if my non-immigrant visa application is denied?

If your non-immigrant visa application is denied, consult with a non-immigrant visa attorney to explore your options for reapplication or appeal.

Are there any special requirements or considerations for specific non-immigrant visa categories, like student visas or work visas?

Yes, each non-immigrant visa category has unique requirements and considerations. A non-immigrant visa lawyer can guide you through the specific steps and documentation necessary for your chosen visa type.