Criminal Post-Conviction Relief
Criminal convictions can severely affect one’s quality of life and can become an obstacle in your career and in immigrant matters, lead to deportation. Even relatively minor or old convictions can result in devastating immigration consequences. With post-conviction relief we aim to remove or change convictions helping clients get released from prison, clean up their record, and for immigrants, remain in the US. We employ several strategies that could be of assistance.
- Statutory Motion to Withdraw a Plea
- Constitutional Motion to Withdraw a Plea – Writ of Habeas Corpus or Writ of Coram Nobis
- This would include prior ineffective assistance of counsel, or if individual was failed to be notified of crucial case elements, denied an interpreter etc.
- Motion to Reduce a Felony to a Misdemeanor
- Motion to Reduce a Sentence or Motion to Reduce a Restitution Order
- Rehabilitative Relief – Expungement